Sunday, January 22, 2012

Exercising the right side of the brain in a big way!

This is the under-painting with the exception of the rocks. I went over the rocks with additional paint and a palette knife.  As a negative painter, I try to have an idea in my mind, or a photo reference to use as a guide when i loosely lay down the shapes and color. This is what I call my road map.  
The final picture above is above is carefully created by carving out shapes. I think trees and bushes but my shapes are made in an intuitive manner without the support of a drawing.

2 comments:

  1. Your a very talented lady, love you use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edward. Isn't it wonderful that we can see artists from all over the world on the internet. I was amazed to see you are off the coast of Australia. I see that you also love color. Your island looks amazing. Sincerely, Jane Green

      Delete